Responsible Gambling in UK Online Casinos
How to stay in control
Gambling comes in many different shapes and forms and whilst the majority may only be deemed as harmless fun, it’s a habit that can spiral out of control!
Whether you play at online casinos, spin slots in your local betting shop or buy a lottery ticket – it’s all gambling at the end of the day, so knowing how to gambling responsibly is important. We all like to have a dabble once in a while to try and turn our fortunes around, but for some, gambling can be highly addictive without them actually realizing. There is a thrill or buzz associated with any type of gambling and that thrill, fun and excitement can easily wear off, resulting in too much money being spent. Hitting a win is an amazing feeling, but you can’t carry on winning forever, so knowing when to stop gambling is so important.
No matter what you like to play, the excitement of winning is always short-lived, because wins have to come to an end at some point. the odds are always stacked against the punter and in the favour of the casino or bookie, so remember that when placing your next bet. If you find yourself spinning and not getting any enjoyment out of what you are doing, then this is a sure sign that you could have a gambling problem and you need to get help.
It’s estimated that as many as 600,000 people in the UK have a gambling problem, this is because of the thrills of winning that can easily become addictive. It’s not only casinos that pose a problem, sports betting, lottery and even raffles can be an issue to some.
Responsible Gambling: Question yourself
Nobody likes to admit they have a problem, but there are a few things you should be asking yourself when it comes to gambling. Your answers to these questions, will determine whether you have a gambling problem or not:
- ⇒ Do you get agitated easily after losing a bet?
- ⇒ Are your personal finances suffering because of your gambling actions?
- ⇒ Do you find yourself constantly lying to friends and family about where all your money is going?
- ⇒ Do you skip work or commitments because of gambling?
- ⇒ Do you place bet after bet in the hope of winning back what you previously lost?
- ⇒ Do you get angry when you lose and feel the need to place more bets?
- ⇒ Do you place bets after having arguments?
If you find yourself answering yes to the questions above, it would seem that our gambling has become an issue without you realizing it. Whether you believe it or not, gambling has a very sneaky way of coming between you, your commitments and your life. Many people find themselves missing out soon important things due to the last minute bet ‘that’s sure to be a winner’. Online slots and those in casino venues, public houses and bookies are there to entertain you, but time after time, punters plough cash after cash into them in the hope of them paying out, even when they have lost far too much money. Many terms that we have heard are ‘I’ve put so much money into his, it’s bound to pay out‘ – but this is not true. The machines will only pay out when they want to, so you will be spending even more cash and walking away with nothing.
Responsible Gambling: Helpful tips
There are many ways that you can put a stop to that need of gambling more than you can afford, all of which are free. Take a look at the following tips to put you back in control of your gambling:
- Debit cards: all major online casinos accept debit cards as a form of payment and the reason why we suggest using this payment method is simple; you cannot spend more than you have in your account. funding your account via a credit card will allow you to spend more than you have in your account, which could allow your gambling to spiral completely out of control. Popular debit cards that you can use for free are; Visa Electron, Visa Debit and Maestro.
- Set a limit: all reputable online casinos and gambling websites allow players to set deposit limits. This is a great way of not being able to spend more at the last minute. Setting yourself personal limits is all very well, but what happens if you get to your last bet and don’t win? You will be tempted to play more – and more and more! Head to your account section of the website and set those limits. You can adjust the limit at any time, by increasing or decreasing, but usually, the changes take 24 hours to come into effect.
- Self-exclusion: this is a way to stop placing bets completely, but you may find that you are registered to more than one casino or gambling site, so you will have to self-exclude yourself from every site you are registered with. This route isn’t foolproof, because you can go and open a new account with another casino site instantly.
- No gambling request: this is a relatively new system that is being introduced ball major banks – a system that simply allows you to put a gambling restriction on your account, so any gambling website you try to access, your payment will be declined by your bank.
Responsible Gambling: Who can help?
There are many organisations in United Kingdom that can help with problem gambling, which are:
- National Problem Gambling Clinic is a organisation for over 16’s in England and Wales. This system allows you to refer yourself to the only specialist NHS clinic for problem gamblers.
- GamCare is a organisation offering free support and counselling through chat rooms, telephone, live chat and email. Face to face counselling is also available, but the online and telephone system allows you to remain completely anonymous.
- Gamblers Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share hope and experience with each other, to resolve a gambling problem. A forum, chat room and telephone line is available 24 hours a day.
Free Spins Casino
25 Free Spins No Deposit
Bonus Code STAR25! (T&C Apply)
Netent, Amaya, NeoGames
Microgaming, Live Casino
£50 Bonus + 115 Free Spins
15 Free Spins No Deposit (T&C Apply)
Novomatic, Netent, Microgaming
Table Games, Live Casino
77 Bonus Spins No Deposit and
£200 Welcome Bonus (T&C Apply)
Netent, IGT, Blueprint Gaming,
888 Gaming, Live Casino
30 LV Spins No Deposit needed
and 1000 Free Spins (T&C Apply)
Gamomat, Netent, Thunderkick
EvolutionGaming Live Casino
30 Bonus Spins No Deposit and
£400 Welcome Bonus (T&C Apply)
Netent, IGT, WMS, 888
Live Casino, Eyecon Gaming
20 Bonus Spins No Deposit
£100 Bonus + 200 Free Spins (T&C Apply)
Playtech, Netent, Poker,
Table Games, Live Casino